Corvette Orgy


Long’s Auto Sales specializes in Corvettes, Cadillacs and other classic cars. The best part about it? Each and every last classic car on the lot is un-restored, all original, all in excellent condition. The only beater on the lot was a C4 Corvette with its leather seats practically shredded.  None of the cars have more than fifty thousand miles. The one with the least mileage was a 1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille “Maloney Coachbuilders” edition with just under eighteen thousand miles, and this thing was huge! My father parked his S-10 next to it and it was still twice as long.

More pics after the jump!

My dad almost drooled over that “Shark Attack” C3.

The Reatta was the odd man out in this group. While it was an awesome car, and it was the cheapest there, it didn’t really fit in with theothere.

1978 Cadillac Deville.

Now here’s where it gets really amazing. These are all original, garage-kept pieces of automotive history, Detroit iron, and every car nut’s dream machine. Do they really need an introduction?

It even has the same tires on it that it did when it rolled out of the factory.

Yep, it’s a Stingray. Each C2 Corvette on the property was the Stingray model.

Look at that! A real side-exit exhaust.

I think this one’s an old Mercury. I forgot to ask, I was too mesmerized by just how beautiful the car was.  Beautifully crafted, hand painted pinstriping, and the fact it’s a 50s car blew me away. The car was turned into a hot rod by a guy in Naples, where he sold it and it was trailered up to Kentucky. It’ll shoot flames quite a distance out the exhaust tips, taillights off a Packard, this car is simply put together well.

Split window coupe.

The last glance I gave to the automotive works of art, we shall meet again.

You’d think with all those old attention-grabbers on the lot, I’d pick one of them as my favorite. No sir, I spotted a 1998 Camaro SS LS1 on my way out exactly how I want one: black paint, ebony leather seats, 6-speed manual and t-tops. To me, that car was the only one I saw that day that felt significant. Strange much? The cheapest muscle car they had and it happened to be the only one I cared about. But just like every car buff on the planet, there will always be that one car that they feel like is more significant than any other. When I got behind the wheel, nothing else mattered at that moment. Not money, not work or even my friends. I was excited because although I didn’t get the chance to take my dream car for a test drive, I take solace in the fact that if there weren’t about twenty run of the mill cars parked right in front of it, I would’ve had a fighting chance to convince the owner to at least let me take it around the property. Who knows, maybe they’ll go for the idea of letting a spotty teenager work at the dealership? Even if it’s just washing cars or answering phones, I know probably more about each car there (minus the Caddies, I don’t know jack about any of them) than most, it’d be a dream come true.



Related posts:



Related posts:



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий